Monday, January 07, 2008

Monologue- Sher Khan

My foolish subjects, why do you blame me for being a tyrant? What sin have I committed which was not in the best interests of the residents of this mighty jungle?

Yes, I have tried many times to kill the human cub known as Mowgli for many years. I admit it ... I hate humans. Filthy creatures. Always cutting down trees. Polluting the rivers. Killing us, the most noblest of animals for… Food!
I was killing humans to protect you all from them. Mowgli is, and always will be a human. It was necessary to eradicate all traces of them from the forest. He was no friend of the jungle, he coveted my place as king. He was a spy for his people, had he not fled from the jungle, he would have led his people to us. To kill us. So that they may rule the jungle.

Being the king, I hunted him down and was about to end his petty existence, but I gave him mercy and told him he had ten second to run. I upheld my promise and went after him but the traitors known and Baloo and Bhagera however thwarted me. I however valiantly defeated them and pursued the cub.

Once I found him I challenged him to a fair fight but instead the coward threw dirt in my eyes, temporarily blinding me. He ran as fast as he could but I still persevered and followed, but alas fate had it that the cub would find fire. Although I could have fought and been burned to death I chose to retreat and save myself so I may lead the jungle yet again.

As rightful king.

{{{Gursevak singh}}}

No comments: